Chain couplings are used for textile, agricultural machinery, lifting transporation, engineering, mining, light industry, chemical industry and other mechanical transmission shaft, suitable for high temperature, wet and dusty conditions, but not suitable for high-speed, sevious impact loading and axial force transmission occasions.
. Production Description
Other transmission products:
Roller Chain, Sprocket, V Pulley, Timing Pulley, Coupling, Gear Rack, Ball Bearing, Pillow Block Bearing
Packing and Delivery
1. Can I get any sample ?
Samples are free to be available, if there is any in stock. But you have to absorb the relative courier fee.
2. How long is the delivery time for the production?
Production lead time is 30-60 days for the production.
3. What’s your advantage?
Competitive price, good quality, high-experience engineers abailable
Can chain couplings accommodate axial misalignment?
Chain couplings are primarily designed to accommodate angular misalignment between the connected shafts. However, they have limited ability to handle axial misalignment, which refers to the situation where the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their common axis.
Unlike some other types of couplings, such as flexible beam or disc couplings, chain couplings are not specifically designed to handle significant axial misalignment. The primary function of a chain coupling is to transmit torque between the shafts while allowing for some degree of angular displacement.
While chain couplings can tolerate a small amount of axial misalignment, excessive axial displacement can lead to various issues. It can cause increased stress on the coupling components, such as the roller chain, sprockets, and connecting pins, leading to accelerated wear and potential failure. Additionally, excessive axial misalignment can result in decreased power transmission efficiency and increased vibration and noise during operation.
If significant axial misalignment is anticipated in an application, it is generally recommended to consider alternative coupling options that are specifically designed to handle axial misalignment, such as double-flex or flexible beam couplings. These couplings have greater flexibility and can better accommodate axial displacement without compromising performance and reliability.
It is important to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for the specific chain coupling being used to understand its limitations regarding axial misalignment. If axial misalignment is unavoidable, it may be necessary to implement additional measures, such as shaft guides or spacers, to minimize the impact of misalignment on the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
In summary, while chain couplings can tolerate a certain degree of axial misalignment, their primary function is to accommodate angular misalignment. Excessive axial misalignment should be avoided, and alternative coupling options should be considered if significant axial displacement is expected in an application.
How does misalignment affect chain couplings?
Misalignment in chain couplings can have detrimental effects on their performance and lifespan. Here are some ways in which misalignment can affect chain couplings:
- Increase in Load: Misalignment puts additional load on the coupling components. When the shafts connected by the coupling are not properly aligned, the coupling must compensate for the angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. This increased load can lead to excessive stress and premature wear on the coupling components, such as sprockets, roller chain, and connecting pins.
- Uneven Load Distribution: Misalignment can cause an uneven distribution of load across the coupling. As a result, some sections of the coupling experience higher stresses than others. This uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and fatigue, reducing the overall strength and reliability of the coupling.
- Reduced Power Transmission: Misalignment affects the efficiency of power transmission through the coupling. When the shafts are not properly aligned, there is increased friction and slippage between the roller chain and the sprockets. This slippage reduces the amount of power transferred from one shaft to another, resulting in a loss of efficiency and a decrease in the overall performance of the machinery or equipment.
- Increased Wear: Misalignment can accelerate wear on the coupling components. The misalignment causes the roller chain to operate at an angle or with excessive tension, causing additional stress and wear on the chain links, sprocket teeth, and connecting pins. The increased wear can lead to chain elongation, loss of engagement with the sprockets, and ultimately, coupling failure.
- Noise and Vibration: Misalignment often results in increased noise and vibration during operation. The misaligned coupling generates additional vibrations and impacts, leading to excessive noise and potential damage to the coupling and surrounding equipment. These vibrations can also propagate through the connected machinery, affecting its overall performance and reliability.
To mitigate the negative effects of misalignment, it is crucial to ensure proper alignment of the shafts and the chain coupling during installation and periodically check and adjust the alignment as needed. Proper alignment minimizes stress on the coupling components, maximizes power transmission efficiency, and extends the service life of the chain coupling.
What are the disadvantages of chain couplings?
Backlash: Chain couplings can exhibit a certain degree of backlash or play due to the clearances between the chain rollers and the sprocket teeth. This can result in reduced precision and accuracy in applications where precise motion control is required.
Noise and Vibration: The engagement between the chain and sprockets can generate noise and vibration during operation. This can be problematic in applications where noise reduction is important or where excessive vibration can affect the performance or integrity of the machinery.
Maintenance Requirements: While chain couplings are relatively easy to maintain, they still require regular attention. Lubrication of the chain and sprockets is essential to reduce wear and friction. Additionally, periodic inspection and adjustment of chain tension are necessary to ensure proper operation. Neglecting maintenance tasks can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential coupling failure.
Space and Weight: Chain couplings occupy a certain amount of space due to the presence of sprockets and the length of the chain. In applications with space constraints, the size of the coupling may limit its usability. Additionally, the weight of the coupling components can be a consideration in applications where weight reduction is important.
Limitations in High-Speed Applications: Chain couplings may have limitations in high-speed applications. At high rotational speeds, the centrifugal forces acting on the chain and sprockets can increase, potentially causing stress and reducing the efficiency of the coupling. In such cases, alternative coupling designs, such as gear or flexible shaft couplings, may be more suitable.
Wear and Service Life: Like any mechanical component, chain couplings are subject to wear over time. The chain and sprockets can experience gradual wear and elongation, requiring eventual replacement. The service life of a chain coupling depends on factors such as the operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the quality of the components used.
While chain couplings offer several advantages, it is important to consider these disadvantages and evaluate their impact based on the specific application requirements. Proper maintenance, periodic inspection, and careful consideration of design factors can help mitigate these disadvantages and ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-11-16
GL Type Roller Chain Couplings (GB/T609-2002)
♦Basic Parameter and Main Dimension
N.m= Norminal Torque; rpm= Allowable speed of rotation(with cover/ without cover); d1.d2= Diameter of shaft hole;
Y J1 L= Length of shaft hole; 06B 08B…= Chain number; P mm= Distance between 2 shaft lines of the chain;
Z= Number of teeth; kg= Mass; kg.m²= Rotational inertia; Amount of length compensation(radial, axial,angular)
♦Other Products List
|Universal Coupling||WS, WSD, WSP|
|Cardan Shaft||SWC, SWP, SWZ|
|Tooth Coupling||CL, CLZ, GCLD, GIICL
GICL, NGCL, GGCL, GCLK
|Disc Coupling||JMI, JMIJ, JMII, JMIIJ|
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a technology-based company specializing in the design and manufacture of basic transmission parts and various auxiliary non-standard equipment accessories. The products are mainly used in metallurgy, electric power, mining, chemical industry, petroleum, papermaking, shipbuilding, heavy industry, etc.
In many industries, it has provided strong technical and equipment support for many companies around the world. At present, the products are also exported to Russia, Italy, Spain, Brazil, Ukraine, Turkey, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and other countries and regions.
Welcome to customize products from our factory and please provide your design drawings or contact us if you need other requirements.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
Raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly → Packing → Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop the new model when there is new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various series of couplings.
Q 2: Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artworks in PDF or AI format.
Q 3: How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have a very good price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1 pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A: 100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Can chain couplings accommodate parallel misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment between the connected shafts. Parallel misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and run parallel to each other but at a distance.
Chain couplings have some inherent flexibility that allows them to tolerate a certain amount of parallel misalignment. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can compensate for small parallel displacements between the shafts. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the coupling components and allows for smooth operation even in the presence of parallel misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of parallel misalignment. Excessive parallel misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, uneven load distribution, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the parallel misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Proper alignment during installation is crucial to minimize parallel misalignment. The shafts should be aligned as closely as possible to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment. In some cases, additional measures such as shims or adjustable mounts may be necessary to achieve the desired alignment.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also important to identify and address any parallel misalignment issues that may arise over time. If significant parallel misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken to realign the shafts or consider alternative coupling options that are better suited for parallel misalignment requirements.
In summary, chain couplings can accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment, but excessive misalignment should be avoided. Proper alignment during installation and adherence to manufacturer’s guidelines are essential for ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the maintenance requirements for chain couplings?
Maintaining chain couplings is essential for their reliable and efficient operation over time. Regular maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and prolongs the lifespan of the coupling. Here are some key maintenance requirements for chain couplings:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for the smooth operation of chain couplings. Regularly lubricate the roller chain and sprockets with the recommended lubricant. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the type of lubricant to use and the frequency of lubrication. Lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and noise, and it extends the service life of the coupling.
- Inspection: Regularly inspect the chain coupling for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Check the sprockets, roller chain, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings for any abnormalities. Look for worn teeth, elongation of the roller chain, loose or missing fasteners, and excessive play in the coupling. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the coupling’s proper functioning.
- Tension Adjustment: Check the tension of the roller chain regularly. Improper chain tension can lead to premature wear and affect the coupling’s performance. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct chain tension and make adjustments as necessary. Proper tension ensures optimal power transmission and helps accommodate misalignments.
- Alignment: Monitor the alignment of the shafts connected by the chain coupling. Misalignment can cause excessive stress on the coupling components and lead to premature failure. If misalignment is detected, take the necessary corrective measures, such as realigning the shafts or using alignment tools. Proper alignment promotes smooth operation and prolongs the life of the coupling.
- Contamination Control: Protect the chain coupling from contamination by keeping the surrounding area clean. Dust, dirt, debris, and moisture can affect the coupling’s performance and accelerate wear. Use appropriate covers or guards to shield the coupling from external contaminants. Regularly clean the coupling and remove any debris that may have accumulated.
- Periodic Replacement: Over time, the components of a chain coupling can experience wear and fatigue. Periodically replace worn or damaged components, such as sprockets, roller chains, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings, with new ones. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule for component replacement to ensure the coupling’s reliability and prevent unexpected failures.
- Documentation: Maintain proper documentation of the maintenance activities performed on the chain coupling. Keep records of lubrication schedules, inspections, adjustments, and component replacements. This documentation helps track the maintenance history of the coupling and provides valuable information for future reference and troubleshooting.
By following these maintenance requirements, you can ensure the optimal performance, longevity, and reliability of your chain coupling. Regular maintenance minimizes the risk of unexpected downtime, reduces repair costs, and maximizes the efficiency of your machinery or equipment.
What are the applications of chain couplings?
Chain couplings are widely used in various industrial applications where the reliable transmission of power between rotating shafts is required. They offer flexibility, torque capacity, and misalignment compensation, making them suitable for a range of machinery and equipment. Here are some common applications of chain couplings:
- Conveyors: Chain couplings are commonly used in conveyor systems to transfer power from drive motors to conveyor belts, allowing for the movement of materials in industries such as manufacturing, mining, and logistics.
- Mixers and Agitators: Chain couplings find application in mixers and agitators, which are used in industries such as food and beverage, chemical processing, and wastewater treatment. They enable the rotation of mixing blades or paddles, facilitating the blending or agitation of substances.
- Pumps: Chain couplings are utilized in pump systems to connect the pump shaft to the motor shaft. They enable the transfer of rotational energy, allowing pumps to move fluids in applications like water supply, irrigation, and industrial processes.
- Crushers and Crushers: In industries such as mining, construction, and material handling, chain couplings are employed in crushers and crushers to transmit power from electric motors or engines to the crushing or grinding mechanisms, enabling the size reduction of materials.
- Industrial Drives: Chain couplings are used in various industrial drives, including machinery for manufacturing, packaging, and material handling. They provide a reliable connection between motor-driven components such as gearboxes, rollers, and pulleys.
- Fans and Blowers: Chain couplings find application in fan and blower systems, which are used for ventilation, cooling, and air circulation in HVAC systems, industrial processes, and power plants. They facilitate the rotation of fan blades, enabling the movement of air or gases.
- Machine Tools: Chain couplings are utilized in machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and drills, where the coupling connects the motor or drive spindle to the tool head or workpiece. They enable the transmission of rotational power for machining operations.
- Textile Machinery: Chain couplings are used in textile machinery for processes like spinning, weaving, and knitting. They connect various components such as motors, spindles, and rollers, enabling the movement and processing of textile fibers.
These are just a few examples of the applications of chain couplings. Their versatility and ability to transmit high torque loads while accommodating misalignment make them suitable for a wide range of industries and machinery where the reliable and efficient transmission of power between rotating shafts is essential.
editor by CX 2023-11-09