Chain couplings are used for textile, agricultural machinery, lifting transporation, engineering, mining, light industry, chemical industry and other mechanical transmission shaft, suitable for high temperature, wet and dusty conditions, but not suitable for high-speed, sevious impact loading and axial force transmission occasions.
. Production Description
Other transmission products:
Roller Chain, Sprocket, V Pulley, Timing Pulley, Coupling, Gear Rack, Ball Bearing, Pillow Block Bearing
Packing and Delivery
1. Can I get any sample ?
Samples are free to be available, if there is any in stock. But you have to absorb the relative courier fee.
2. How long is the delivery time for the production?
Production lead time is 30-60 days for the production.
3. What’s your advantage?
Competitive price, good quality, high-experience engineers abailable
Can chain couplings accommodate axial misalignment?
Chain couplings are primarily designed to accommodate angular misalignment between the connected shafts. However, they have limited ability to handle axial misalignment, which refers to the situation where the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their common axis.
Unlike some other types of couplings, such as flexible beam or disc couplings, chain couplings are not specifically designed to handle significant axial misalignment. The primary function of a chain coupling is to transmit torque between the shafts while allowing for some degree of angular displacement.
While chain couplings can tolerate a small amount of axial misalignment, excessive axial displacement can lead to various issues. It can cause increased stress on the coupling components, such as the roller chain, sprockets, and connecting pins, leading to accelerated wear and potential failure. Additionally, excessive axial misalignment can result in decreased power transmission efficiency and increased vibration and noise during operation.
If significant axial misalignment is anticipated in an application, it is generally recommended to consider alternative coupling options that are specifically designed to handle axial misalignment, such as double-flex or flexible beam couplings. These couplings have greater flexibility and can better accommodate axial displacement without compromising performance and reliability.
It is important to consult the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines for the specific chain coupling being used to understand its limitations regarding axial misalignment. If axial misalignment is unavoidable, it may be necessary to implement additional measures, such as shaft guides or spacers, to minimize the impact of misalignment on the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
In summary, while chain couplings can tolerate a certain degree of axial misalignment, their primary function is to accommodate angular misalignment. Excessive axial misalignment should be avoided, and alternative coupling options should be considered if significant axial displacement is expected in an application.
How does misalignment affect chain couplings?
Misalignment in chain couplings can have detrimental effects on their performance and lifespan. Here are some ways in which misalignment can affect chain couplings:
- Increase in Load: Misalignment puts additional load on the coupling components. When the shafts connected by the coupling are not properly aligned, the coupling must compensate for the angular, parallel, or axial misalignment. This increased load can lead to excessive stress and premature wear on the coupling components, such as sprockets, roller chain, and connecting pins.
- Uneven Load Distribution: Misalignment can cause an uneven distribution of load across the coupling. As a result, some sections of the coupling experience higher stresses than others. This uneven load distribution can lead to localized wear and fatigue, reducing the overall strength and reliability of the coupling.
- Reduced Power Transmission: Misalignment affects the efficiency of power transmission through the coupling. When the shafts are not properly aligned, there is increased friction and slippage between the roller chain and the sprockets. This slippage reduces the amount of power transferred from one shaft to another, resulting in a loss of efficiency and a decrease in the overall performance of the machinery or equipment.
- Increased Wear: Misalignment can accelerate wear on the coupling components. The misalignment causes the roller chain to operate at an angle or with excessive tension, causing additional stress and wear on the chain links, sprocket teeth, and connecting pins. The increased wear can lead to chain elongation, loss of engagement with the sprockets, and ultimately, coupling failure.
- Noise and Vibration: Misalignment often results in increased noise and vibration during operation. The misaligned coupling generates additional vibrations and impacts, leading to excessive noise and potential damage to the coupling and surrounding equipment. These vibrations can also propagate through the connected machinery, affecting its overall performance and reliability.
To mitigate the negative effects of misalignment, it is crucial to ensure proper alignment of the shafts and the chain coupling during installation and periodically check and adjust the alignment as needed. Proper alignment minimizes stress on the coupling components, maximizes power transmission efficiency, and extends the service life of the chain coupling.
What are the disadvantages of chain couplings?
Backlash: Chain couplings can exhibit a certain degree of backlash or play due to the clearances between the chain rollers and the sprocket teeth. This can result in reduced precision and accuracy in applications where precise motion control is required.
Noise and Vibration: The engagement between the chain and sprockets can generate noise and vibration during operation. This can be problematic in applications where noise reduction is important or where excessive vibration can affect the performance or integrity of the machinery.
Maintenance Requirements: While chain couplings are relatively easy to maintain, they still require regular attention. Lubrication of the chain and sprockets is essential to reduce wear and friction. Additionally, periodic inspection and adjustment of chain tension are necessary to ensure proper operation. Neglecting maintenance tasks can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential coupling failure.
Space and Weight: Chain couplings occupy a certain amount of space due to the presence of sprockets and the length of the chain. In applications with space constraints, the size of the coupling may limit its usability. Additionally, the weight of the coupling components can be a consideration in applications where weight reduction is important.
Limitations in High-Speed Applications: Chain couplings may have limitations in high-speed applications. At high rotational speeds, the centrifugal forces acting on the chain and sprockets can increase, potentially causing stress and reducing the efficiency of the coupling. In such cases, alternative coupling designs, such as gear or flexible shaft couplings, may be more suitable.
Wear and Service Life: Like any mechanical component, chain couplings are subject to wear over time. The chain and sprockets can experience gradual wear and elongation, requiring eventual replacement. The service life of a chain coupling depends on factors such as the operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the quality of the components used.
While chain couplings offer several advantages, it is important to consider these disadvantages and evaluate their impact based on the specific application requirements. Proper maintenance, periodic inspection, and careful consideration of design factors can help mitigate these disadvantages and ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling.
editor by CX 2023-11-16
|Prodcut Name||Roller Chain Sprocket Coupling with Competitive Price|
|Material||Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, Steel C45, Aluminum, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel|
|Model NO.||KC3012 KC4012 KC4014 KC4016 KC5014 KC5016 KC5018 KC6018
KC6571 KC6571 KC8018 KC8571 KC8571 KC1571 KC12018 KC12571
|Sprocket NO.||06B-2×12 40-2×12 40-2×14 40-2×16 50-2×14 50-2×16 50-2×18
60-2×18 60-2×20 60-2×22 100-2×20 100-2×18 100-2×22
|Surface Treatment||Black Oxide|
The chain coupling is composed a duplex roller chain and 2 sprockets.The function of connection and datachment is done by the joint of chain.It has the characteristics of simplicity,high efficiency,easy-on and easy-off and nice out-looking.It also have aluminum cover to prevent dust and protect the lubricant in order to extend the life of chain coupling.
Chain couplings are offered in the industrys largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
The chain coupling has the advantages of simple structure (consisting of 4 parts), convenient installation and disassembly, 2 shafts which are joined without moving during disassembly, compact size, light weight, compensation ability, low installation accuracy, reliable operation, long life and low cost.
Chain Coupling: 3012, 4012, 4014, 4018, 5014, 5016, 5018, 6018, 6571, 6571, 8018, 8571, 8571, 1571, 12018, 12571
Tyre Coupling: A40,A50,A60,A70,A80,A90,A100,A110,A120,A140,A160,A180,A200
HRC Coupling: 70, 90, 110, 130, 150, 180, 230, 280
MH Coupling: 45, 55, 65, 80, 90, 115, 130, 145, 175, 200
NM Coupling: 50, 67, 82, 97, 112, 128, 148, 168, 194, 214, 240, 265
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L225
Flange Coupling: 90, 100, 112, 125, 140, 160, 180, 200, 224, 250, 280, 315, 355, 400, 450, 560, 630
Pin Coupling: 67, 83, 102, 134, 178, 204, 254, 318
Spacer Coupling: F40, F50, F60, F70, F80, F90, F100, F110, F120, F140
Jaw Coupling: L035, L050, L070, L075, L090, L095, L099, L100, L110, L150, L190, L22
|Package||Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
ZheJiang Mighty Machinery Co., Ltd. specializes in manufacturing Mechanical Power Transmission Products.We Mighty is the division/branch of SCMC Group, which is a wholly state-owned company, established in 1980.
-3 manufacturing factories, we have 5 technical staff, our FTY have strong capacity for design and process design, and more than 70 workers and double shift eveyday.
-Large quality of various material purchase and stock in warhouse which ensure the low cost for the material and production in time.
-Strick quality control are apply in the whole production.
we have incoming inspection,process inspection and final production inspection which can ensure the perfect of the goods quality.
-14 years of machining experience. Long time cooperate with the Global Buyer, make us easy to understand the csutomer and handle the export. MIGHTY’s products are mainly exported to Europe, America and the Middle East market. With the top-ranking management, professional technical support and abundant export experience, MIGHTY has established lasting and stable business partnership with many world famous companies and has got good reputation from CHINAMFG customers in international sales.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
Can chain couplings accommodate parallel misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment between the connected shafts. Parallel misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and run parallel to each other but at a distance.
Chain couplings have some inherent flexibility that allows them to tolerate a certain amount of parallel misalignment. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can compensate for small parallel displacements between the shafts. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the coupling components and allows for smooth operation even in the presence of parallel misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of parallel misalignment. Excessive parallel misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, uneven load distribution, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the parallel misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Proper alignment during installation is crucial to minimize parallel misalignment. The shafts should be aligned as closely as possible to ensure optimal performance and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment. In some cases, additional measures such as shims or adjustable mounts may be necessary to achieve the desired alignment.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also important to identify and address any parallel misalignment issues that may arise over time. If significant parallel misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken to realign the shafts or consider alternative coupling options that are better suited for parallel misalignment requirements.
In summary, chain couplings can accommodate a certain degree of parallel misalignment, but excessive misalignment should be avoided. Proper alignment during installation and adherence to manufacturer’s guidelines are essential for ensuring optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
Can chain couplings accommodate angular misalignment?
Yes, chain couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of angular misalignment between the connected shafts. Angular misalignment refers to the situation where the axes of the two shafts are not perfectly aligned and form an angle with each other.
Chain couplings are flexible in nature, and their design allows for some degree of angular displacement. The flexibility is primarily provided by the roller chain, which can bend and adjust to a certain extent to accommodate the misalignment. This flexibility helps to reduce the stress on the coupling components and allows for smoother operation even in the presence of angular misalignment.
However, it is important to note that chain couplings have limitations in terms of angular misalignment. Excessive angular misalignment beyond the specified limits can lead to increased stress, accelerated wear, and potential coupling failure. The manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines should be followed to ensure that the angular misalignment remains within the acceptable range for the specific chain coupling being used.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the chain coupling are also essential to identify and address any misalignment issues. If significant angular misalignment is detected, corrective measures should be taken, such as realigning the shafts or considering alternative coupling options that are better suited for the specific misalignment requirements.
It is worth mentioning that chain couplings are more tolerant of angular misalignment compared to some other types of couplings, such as rigid or gear couplings. However, it is still important to strive for proper alignment during installation and minimize any excessive misalignment to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling and the connected machinery or equipment.
What are the different types of chain couplings available?
Chain couplings come in various designs and configurations to suit different application requirements. Here are some common types of chain couplings:
- Standard Roller Chain Couplings: These are the most basic and widely used type of chain couplings. They consist of two sprockets connected by a roller chain. The sprockets have hardened teeth that engage with the chain rollers, providing a reliable power transmission. Standard roller chain couplings are generally suitable for applications with moderate torque and speed requirements.
- Double Roller Chain Couplings: Double roller chain couplings are similar to standard roller chain couplings but feature two parallel roller chains instead of one. This design increases the torque capacity and allows for higher power transmission. Double roller chain couplings are often used in applications that require higher torque and increased load-bearing capabilities.
- Silent Chain Couplings: Silent chain couplings, also known as inverted-tooth chain couplings, use a special toothed chain with a meshing sprocket design. The teeth of the chain engage with the sprocket grooves, providing a smooth and quiet operation. Silent chain couplings are commonly used in applications where noise reduction is important, such as precision machinery or equipment operating in noise-sensitive environments.
- Heavy-Duty Chain Couplings: Heavy-duty chain couplings are designed for applications that demand robust and rugged performance. They are constructed with larger sprockets and heavy-duty roller chains to handle high torque and heavy loads. These couplings are commonly used in industries such as mining, steel, and paper manufacturing, where extreme operating conditions and heavy machinery are present.
- Flexible Chain Couplings: Flexible chain couplings incorporate an elastomeric element, such as a rubber or polyurethane insert, between the sprockets and the chain. This element provides flexibility, damping, and some degree of misalignment compensation. Flexible chain couplings are suitable for applications that require shock absorption, vibration damping, and moderate misalignment tolerance.
- Stainless Steel Chain Couplings: Stainless steel chain couplings are specifically designed for applications that require corrosion resistance and sanitation, such as food processing, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. They are made of stainless steel or other non-corrosive materials to withstand harsh environments and maintain hygienic conditions.
These are just a few examples of the different types of chain couplings available. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for specific application requirements. It is important to carefully consider the torque, speed, misalignment, environmental factors, and other application-specific needs when selecting the appropriate chain coupling type for your particular application.
editor by CX 2023-10-11