The chain coupling is composed a duplex roller chain and 2 sprockets.The function of connection and datachment is done by the joint of chain.It has the characteristics of simplicity,high efficiency,easy-on and easy-off and nice out-looking.It also have aluminum cover to prevent dust and protect the lubricant in order to extend the life of chain coupling.
Chain couplings are offered in the industrys largest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
The chain coupling has the advantages of simple structure (consisting of 4 parts), convenient installation and disassembly, 2 shafts which are joined without moving during disassembly, compact size, light weight, compensation ability, low installation accuracy, reliable operation, long life and low cost.
Packaging & Shipping
| Standard suitable package / Pallet or container.
Polybag inside export carton outside, blister and Tape and reel package available.
If customers have specific requirements for the packaging, we will gladly accommodate.
10-20working days ofter payment receipt comfirmed (based on actual quantity).
Professional goods shipping forward.
Q: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A: We are factory.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shippment.
We warmly welcome friends from domestic and abroad come to us for business negotiation and cooperation for mutual benefit. To supply customers excellent quality products with good price and punctual delivery time is our responsibility.
How does the chain size affect the performance of a chain coupling?
The chain size has a significant impact on the performance of a chain coupling. The size of the chain refers to the physical dimensions of the roller chain used in the coupling, including the pitch, roller diameter, and width. Here are some key ways in which the chain size affects the performance of a chain coupling:
- Torque Capacity: The chain size directly affects the torque capacity of the chain coupling. Larger chain sizes are generally capable of transmitting higher torque loads due to their increased contact area and greater strength. Smaller chain sizes, on the other hand, have lower torque capacities and are suitable for applications with lighter torque requirements.
- Speed Capability: The chain size also influences the speed capability of the chain coupling. Larger chains can typically handle higher rotational speeds without experiencing issues such as excessive vibration or centrifugal forces. Smaller chain sizes may have limitations in terms of maximum allowable speeds and may not be suitable for high-speed applications.
- Service Life: The selection of an appropriate chain size is crucial for achieving the desired service life of the chain coupling. If the chain is undersized for the application, it may experience premature wear, fatigue, and ultimately fail under the operating conditions. Conversely, using an oversized chain may result in unnecessary costs, increased weight, and reduced efficiency.
- Space Constraints: The physical size of the chain can also impact the overall dimensions and installation requirements of the chain coupling. Larger chain sizes may require more space for proper installation, including clearance for the chain links and sprockets. In applications with limited space, choosing a smaller chain size may be necessary to ensure proper fit and operation.
- Compatibility: The chain size should be compatible with the sprockets and other components of the chain coupling. It is important to ensure that the chain and sprockets are designed to work together, with matching dimensions and tooth profiles. Using an incompatible chain size can lead to poor engagement, increased wear, and reduced overall performance.
When selecting the appropriate chain size for a chain coupling, it is essential to consider the specific requirements of the application, including torque, speed, space limitations, and compatibility with other components. Consulting the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines is crucial to ensure the optimal chain size selection for the desired performance, reliability, and longevity of the chain coupling.
What are the maintenance requirements for chain couplings?
Maintaining chain couplings is essential for their reliable and efficient operation over time. Regular maintenance helps prevent premature wear, reduces the risk of unexpected failures, and prolongs the lifespan of the coupling. Here are some key maintenance requirements for chain couplings:
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is crucial for the smooth operation of chain couplings. Regularly lubricate the roller chain and sprockets with the recommended lubricant. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the type of lubricant to use and the frequency of lubrication. Lubrication helps reduce friction, wear, and noise, and it extends the service life of the coupling.
- Inspection: Regularly inspect the chain coupling for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Check the sprockets, roller chain, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings for any abnormalities. Look for worn teeth, elongation of the roller chain, loose or missing fasteners, and excessive play in the coupling. Address any issues promptly to prevent further damage and ensure the coupling’s proper functioning.
- Tension Adjustment: Check the tension of the roller chain regularly. Improper chain tension can lead to premature wear and affect the coupling’s performance. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for the correct chain tension and make adjustments as necessary. Proper tension ensures optimal power transmission and helps accommodate misalignments.
- Alignment: Monitor the alignment of the shafts connected by the chain coupling. Misalignment can cause excessive stress on the coupling components and lead to premature failure. If misalignment is detected, take the necessary corrective measures, such as realigning the shafts or using alignment tools. Proper alignment promotes smooth operation and prolongs the life of the coupling.
- Contamination Control: Protect the chain coupling from contamination by keeping the surrounding area clean. Dust, dirt, debris, and moisture can affect the coupling’s performance and accelerate wear. Use appropriate covers or guards to shield the coupling from external contaminants. Regularly clean the coupling and remove any debris that may have accumulated.
- Periodic Replacement: Over time, the components of a chain coupling can experience wear and fatigue. Periodically replace worn or damaged components, such as sprockets, roller chains, connecting pins, and bushings or bearings, with new ones. Follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule for component replacement to ensure the coupling’s reliability and prevent unexpected failures.
- Documentation: Maintain proper documentation of the maintenance activities performed on the chain coupling. Keep records of lubrication schedules, inspections, adjustments, and component replacements. This documentation helps track the maintenance history of the coupling and provides valuable information for future reference and troubleshooting.
By following these maintenance requirements, you can ensure the optimal performance, longevity, and reliability of your chain coupling. Regular maintenance minimizes the risk of unexpected downtime, reduces repair costs, and maximizes the efficiency of your machinery or equipment.
What are the applications of chain couplings?
Chain couplings are widely used in various industrial applications where the reliable transmission of power between rotating shafts is required. They offer flexibility, torque capacity, and misalignment compensation, making them suitable for a range of machinery and equipment. Here are some common applications of chain couplings:
- Conveyors: Chain couplings are commonly used in conveyor systems to transfer power from drive motors to conveyor belts, allowing for the movement of materials in industries such as manufacturing, mining, and logistics.
- Mixers and Agitators: Chain couplings find application in mixers and agitators, which are used in industries such as food and beverage, chemical processing, and wastewater treatment. They enable the rotation of mixing blades or paddles, facilitating the blending or agitation of substances.
- Pumps: Chain couplings are utilized in pump systems to connect the pump shaft to the motor shaft. They enable the transfer of rotational energy, allowing pumps to move fluids in applications like water supply, irrigation, and industrial processes.
- Crushers and Crushers: In industries such as mining, construction, and material handling, chain couplings are employed in crushers and crushers to transmit power from electric motors or engines to the crushing or grinding mechanisms, enabling the size reduction of materials.
- Industrial Drives: Chain couplings are used in various industrial drives, including machinery for manufacturing, packaging, and material handling. They provide a reliable connection between motor-driven components such as gearboxes, rollers, and pulleys.
- Fans and Blowers: Chain couplings find application in fan and blower systems, which are used for ventilation, cooling, and air circulation in HVAC systems, industrial processes, and power plants. They facilitate the rotation of fan blades, enabling the movement of air or gases.
- Machine Tools: Chain couplings are utilized in machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and drills, where the coupling connects the motor or drive spindle to the tool head or workpiece. They enable the transmission of rotational power for machining operations.
- Textile Machinery: Chain couplings are used in textile machinery for processes like spinning, weaving, and knitting. They connect various components such as motors, spindles, and rollers, enabling the movement and processing of textile fibers.
These are just a few examples of the applications of chain couplings. Their versatility and ability to transmit high torque loads while accommodating misalignment make them suitable for a wide range of industries and machinery where the reliable and efficient transmission of power between rotating shafts is essential.
editor by CX 2023-12-14